ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Saturday, September 28, 2013

CULTURE/SOCIETY - 50 Awesome Things That Came Out 50 Years Ago

I'm turning 50 in just a few days. So this is just a list of what I think are the 50 most awesome things that came out in 1963, The Year Of Awesomeness!

50. Zip codes




49. John F Kennedy's "Ich Bin Ein Berliner" speech



48. The modern hang glider

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/flight-to-fame/2014640/

47. Chip Ahoy Cookies


46. Captain Crunch


45. Midge Hadley, the ONE and ONLY Barbie doll to get pregnant!



44. Lava lamps



43. The Pink Panther movie series


42. The first movie version of "Lord Of The Flies"


41. Touch tone telephones



40. Computer mouse



39. Instamatic cameras



38. Valium


37. "The Feminine Mystique"


36. The Organisation Of African Unity


35. "The Fugitive"


34. "Cat's Cradle"


33. The Avengers


32. Iron Man


31. Smiley, the yellow smiley face



30. "My Boyfriend's Back"


29. "A Christmas Gift For You"


28. "Be My Baby"


27. "Where The Wild Things Are"


26. "The Outer Limits"


25. Astro Boy


24. "Ring Of Fire"


23. Abington School District v Schempp




22. Women traveling in space



21. "The Birds"



20. The Planet Of The Apes - The movie came out in 1968, but the book that started it all came out in 1963.


19. Bob Marley and The Wailers - though they went by The Teenagers in 1963




18. Johnny Depp



17. James Bond movies in America - James Bond started out in books in 1953. The first James Bond movie, "Dr No", came out in 1962. But it didn't reach America until 1963. Yeah, it's a stretch, but it's my list, so I can stretch it as far as I want!


16. X-Men

15. Quentin Tarantino


14. "Surfin USA"


13. Doctor Who


12. "Heat Wave"


11. The Kinks


10. "Surfin Bird"


9. 'Blowin In The Wind"


8. The Kingsmen's "Louie Louie" - This version is actually a cover of a song that came out in 1955



7. Beatles albums - The Beatles released a single in 1962, but they didn't make an album until 1963.


6. Dead donor liver transplants


5. Gordon Gano



4. The March On Washington For Jobs And Freedom



3. "I Have A Dream"


2. My oldest and closest friend who I met in elementary school


1. Me!


Other cool stuff that came out in 1963, The Year Of Awesomeness:
- the BBC globe ident
- Lesotho's King Letsie III
- professional skateboard competitions
- Roger Corman's "The Raven" starring Vincent Price
- Tennessee Tuxedo
- the movie version of "Day Of The Triffids"
- The Irish Rovers
- Alan Arkin's film career
- Brad Pitt
- Kenya
- discovery of quasars
- Kurt Russell's film career

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.