ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Friday, August 27, 2004

SPIRITUALITY/RELIGION: Fun Little Religion Test

Found this fun test on a bulletin board for religion - Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious beliefs and spiritual beliefs - a quiz answering What Religion Am I.



It compares your beliefs to the doctrine and dogma of various religions, and show how much in line your thinking is with those religions. I highly recommend it. It's fun.

Here are my results:

Rankings:
1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (97%)
3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (92%)
4. Neo-Pagan (90%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (90%)
6. Bahá'í Faith (87%)
7. New Age (86%)
8. Mahayana Buddhism (83%)
9. Jainism (72%)
10. Orthodox Quaker (69%)
11. Reform Judaism (66%)
12. Secular Humanism (64%)
13. Taoism (63%)
14. Hinduism (63%)
15. Sikhism (62%)
16. New Thought (60%)
17. Seventh Day Adventist (58%)
18. Orthodox Judaism (56%)
19. Nontheist (55%)
20. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (52%)
21. Scientology (49%)
22. Islam (47%)
23. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (47%)
24. Eastern Orthodox (43%)
25. Roman Catholic (43%)
26. Jehovah's Witness (35%)
27. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (32%)

I was surprised by #1. Never thought of myself as the Quaker type. I always admired them for their anti-slavery and pacifist views, but didn't think we were that much in line. I think part of it is that Quakers can be anti-abortion, and so am I. Otherwise, they're quite liberal... And so am I.

#3 was surprising too, because I don't believe in the Bible, and I don't believe that Y'Shua/Joshua/Jesu/Jesus was the son of the Jewish god. And I was raised Catholic, and still considered myself somewhat of an ethnic/cultural/secular Catholic, if not a Catholic by religion, sort of like a non-believing Jew. And Islam is even higher than Catholicism at #25!

And non-theism is only #19! I am an agnostic! I lean toward towards thinking there is a god and an afterlife, but I ain't convinced.

The others I can see, because I do believe all religions have some truth to them, and that everyone has to find their own path to the god of the universe. And Buddhism and Paganism intrigue me, even if I not interested in joining those faiths.

But I don't think my results were quite right, because on a lot of questions, one of the choices was "Or not sure. Or not important. " I wasn't sure, but I still thought the question important, so I didn't choose this answer, and took one of the others that seemed most right.

I'm going to retake the test using this answer to see how it comes out this time.


1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Theravada Buddhism (99%)
3. Liberal Quakers (90%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (79%)
5. Neo-Pagan (78%)
6. Mahayana Buddhism (76%)
7. Bahá'í Faith (70%)
8. New Age (70%)
9. Secular Humanism (70%)
10. Jainism (69%)
11. Hinduism (66%)
12. New Thought (60%)
13. Taoism (60%)
14. Orthodox Quaker (59%)
15. Sikhism (57%)
16. Reform Judaism (56%)
17. Nontheist (51%)
18. Scientology (48%)
19. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (46%)
20. Seventh Day Adventist (43%)
21. Orthodox Judaism (42%)
22. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (40%)
23. Islam (40%)
24. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (39%)
25. Jehovah's Witness (38%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (36%)
27. Roman Catholic (36%)

Well, this seems more in line with my beliefs. I tend to see something in all religions, so #1 isn't a big surprise here. But Quakerism and Protestantism is still high. But Secular Humanism and Nontheism are still lower than I expected.

Oh well, try the test and let me know your results.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.