ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Saturday, March 19, 2005

HUMOR and CULTURE/SOCIETY: Ten Ways to Avoid Lending Your Wheelbarrow to Anybody

I stole this from from the blog, Casey in Mudville at caseyinmudville.blogspot.com.

1 PATRIOTIC

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
I didn't lay down my life in World War II so that you could borrow my wheelbarrow.

2 SNOBBISH

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
Unfortunately Lord Goodman is using it.

3 OVERWEENING

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
It is too mighty a conveyance to be wielded by any mortal save myself.

4 PIOUS

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
My wheelbarrow is reserved for religious ceremonies.

5 MELODRAMATIC

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
I would sooner be broken on its wheel and buried in its barrow.

6 PATHETIC

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
I am dying of schizophrenia and all you can talk about is wheelbarrows.

7 DEFENSIVE

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
Do you think I'm made of wheelbarrows?

8 SINISTER

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
It is full of blood.

9 LECHEROUS

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
Only if I can do your wife in it.

10 PHILOSOPHICAL

May I borrow your wheelbarrow?
What is a wheelbarrow?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm missing some key element here, but why is borrowing a wheelbarrow such a problem? Is a wheelbarrow a prized possesion? I'm beginning to question my wheelbarrow-less existence. Isn't the wheelbarrow a kama sutra thing?

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm missing some key element here, but why is borrowing a wheelbarrow such a problem? Is a wheelbarrow a prized possesion? I'm beginning to question my wheelbarrow-less existence. Isn't the wheelbarrow a kama sutra thing?

Anonymous said...

um sorry. i made a mistake in posting it twice, I wasn't trying to be emphatic or anything.

OlderMusicGeek said...

Because, Grasshopper, the wheelbarrow is part of gardening and gardening is a metaphor for life. Without your wheelbarrow, you cannot carry your tools for life without banging up your legs. Or some other weird zen reason that doesn't make any sense.

Anonymous said...

awww..."grasshopper"...does this make me david carradine?

OlderMusicGeek said...

Only if that makes me some old blind guy who can still kick people's butt. Ha! Ha! Butt-kicking is fun!

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.