ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

SCIENCE and CULTURE/SOCIETY: Humans, chimps, men, women and genetics

I've been meaning to write about this for some time, but I kept forgetting. I heard an interesting piece of information on the radio a couple of months back.

If you keep up on genetics or evolution, then you probably know that humans and chimps share 98.5% of the same dna. It's only 1.5% that makes us different from chimps.

Well, according to this report I heard, human males and females share 97% of the same dna and 3% is different. Obviously, that 3% is not the same as the 3% that is different from chimps. It's different dna that's different, if that makes any sense.

But still...this means that human females or males are as close to each other genetically as chimps and humans. And in my mind, this explains A LOT!

NPR story with the genetic comparison

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.