ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

HUMOR and CULTURE/SOCIETY: Life in My Home State

More stuff from my cleaning out my emails. This is about my home state, but since I'm a paranoid when it comes to being on the computer, I'm not saying which state I'm from. If you're not an old friend or family member, then you'll just have to guess which state this is referring to - and no, I won't tell you if you're right or wrong!

If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in my home state.
If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in my home state.
If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might live in my home state.
If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in my home state.
"Vacation" means going east or west on I-80 for the weekend.
You measure distance in hours.
You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
You often switch from heat to A/C in the same day and back again.
You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
A brat is something you eat.
Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.
You go out to a tailgate party every Friday.
Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
You find 0 degrees "a little chilly".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like michigan. but I guess I'll never know...

OlderMusicGeek said...

Tell you what, Sassy. Just for you - if you send me an email address, I'll tell YOU the state.

OlderMusicGeek said...

Oh I forgot, I was going to say - my state IS in the MIDWEST.

Artillery MKV said...

Nah, it's Wisconsin! Home of Da Pack, Brats and Miller Beer!

I've seen that list before . . ..Although it could apply to any of the Big Three (Wisconsin and the lesser two, Michigan and hated, hated Minnesota!)

Please tell me you're not, gasp a Vikings/Golden Gophers fan! Gasp, ack!

B said...

If it wasn't for tourist traps such as the House on the Rock and the Dells Wisconsin would be known as a waste of space between Minnesota and Illinois.
M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A
Minnesota!
Minnesota!
Yay Minnesota!

I don't even attend the U. I do have a list about Minnesota somewhere on my website though.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.