ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Saturday, August 13, 2005

CULTURE/SOCIETY: My Take on Talking about Others

This blog actually is the blog of someone else's and my response, but I thought you all may be interested in what I had to say, so I'm posting it here too.

Here's the original post from Vanity Run Amok.

I've always been the kind of person that wonders if people are talking about me behind their backs. As much as I loathe being the center of attention, my biggest fear is that nobody is talking about me - that my constant wonderment is for naught because nobody has even bothered to notice me. I don't care if they are singing my praises or trash-talking me as long as people have noticed that I exist.

Now that I'm a little older and have gained a bit more self-confidence, I still feel this nagging self-doubt daily. I know that people talk about me when I'm not around. I know because people tell me so. But I don't believe it.

So go ahead. Talk about me. Thanks!

And this is my response to her blog:

Well, it seems to me that everybody talks about everybody. If we're all just chatting and talking about some stuff we did with someone, I really don't care. About when people dig for dirt and say something about someone that they can't say to their face, that irks me and I tend to leave.

But I've come to realize that there is no way to stop gossiping, so you might as well learn to live with it. Having a bitter ex, I've come to realize just how true that is, especially when you have no interest in talking about the other person. Then lots of idiots assume that only her side is true. But enough about my life.

People talk. And the more unique and different you are, the more they will talk about you, and some of it won't be pleasant. So you can either try to fit in and be yourself and put up with the talk. I've chose the former.

And to fight the gossip and gossiper is a losing battle that will just drive one crazy. And on the plus side, you get to know who your true friends are, because they're the ones who don't believe or listen to the stupid crap about you. Or at least they come to you and ask you about it!

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.