ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Sunday, August 27, 2006

CULTURE/SOCIETY: Oh No! Not a Dork!

Well, if you read the blog entry below, you will learn of my identity crisis, where I came to realize I wasn't a geek or a nerd. And I used to think, "Well, I may be a nerd - or a geek - but at least I'm not a dork!"

And I listened to The Sex Pistols in high school and The Clash in college. I could have become a punk rocker when I had the chance! Or at least a "new waver"! I listened to Devo and Talking Heads too! (And Talking Heads weren't cool in the late 70s/early 80s!)

But I'm afraid that I'm not a punk rocker, or a new waver - which is probably a good thing when you're in your mid-40's! But I'm not even a nerd or geek now either. Despite the fact that one of my co-workers - who I will call The Crazy Smart Alec Co-Worker - says she uses "dork" as a "term of endearment", I don't find it very endearing or desirable. Unfortunately, it does seem applicable - as the following results show....

Oh, this identity crisis gets worse and worse.

Dork Quiz

You're an Official DORK

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! You're a dork. You knew that. You know a lot of random stuff actually...You probably know what a male duck is called, and no, it's not a duck. I bet you tell "I'm a big dork" stories on a fairly regular basis. You're a member of Alpha Beta Needa Data. But what makes you cool (in your own sort of way) anyway is that you take all of this with a sense of humor. You know full well there's nothing wrong with being a little strange; you wouldn't have it any other way. That's pretty respectable. Even if your socks don't really match, if you look at 'em up close. But who's going to be looking that close at your socks anyway, right? So take pride in your dorkiness. You rock.

What Kind of Dork are You?

2.Secure Dork- You could care less about what people think of you. For the most part people are cool with you except for assholes.

The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test

Tri-Lamb Material
60 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 56% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!?

Congratulations!


Dork Spectrum: Where Do You Fall

Inconspicuous Dork- (Moderate Abnormality)-

This rank of Dorkiness is a combination of a playful spirit with an ignorant social perspective. The Inconspicuous Dork is awkward in all or some of the following; posture, physical movement, gestures, facial expression. They also may display some deficit in the area of appropriate humor and social communication interactions. Their humor is seldom appropriate or understandable to anyone other than themselves. The main distinction between an Inconspicuous Dork and a Full-on Dork lies primarily in the awareness and effort of the alleged Dork. If awareness and effort are low but result in the same awkward actions and comments this is endearing and often considered "“Quirky". On the other hand, if there is a considerable amount of effort put forth to formulate related humor or obviously rehearsed actions that are not well received, this increased effort and somewhat evident awareness of awkward actions can be classified as "Annoying"”. Anyone who is annoying has reached the gateway to Full-o

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.
Unfortunately, with this test, they don't show the other rankings, so you can get a good look where you fall.

How much of a dork are you?
- Sort of dorky. You probably are.
Again, nothing to compare you to other scores! Sheesh!

Are you a dork? - You have 4 from 10 questions correct. Not that bad! But watch it you're getting up there. You are almost at the borderline: Citizenship??? Dork.

Just how dorky are you? - With your 50 % you are: You are not only a dork, you're the president of the National Dork Society (NDS)! That's a good thing! You're fun, and simple things amuse you. You are unique! Get out the cheese and celebrate! 22 % from 9007 test takers had this profile!

And this test shows the other possible results! Yay!

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.