ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Sunday, December 17, 2006

CULTURE/SOCIETY: A Christmas Questionaire

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill.

Don't be a scrooge!!!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate - egg nog makes me sick to my stomach. But I actually prefer hot cider - love the stuff.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He just sets them under the tree. When does he have time to wrap them.

3. Colored lights or white lights on the tree/house? Oh, colored definitely, the more, the better. And one of these days, one with flashing patterns.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never have. Seems kind of weird - and don't want to have to kiss somebody i don't want to.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Friday after Thanksgiving. Have tried to do it a little later - and my daughter would have NONE of that!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish… anything I don't have to prepare!

7. What is your favorite Holiday memory as a child? Can't think of any particular one off the top of my head. After I send this, I'll probably think of a whole bunch I should have listed. But I just remember the excitement of being in bed waiting and knowing it's too early to wake up my parents. And the excitement of seeing the presents and opening the ones my parents and family got me.

I do remember one year when I was invited out on a Christmas Eve outing by friends. My mother said I could go, but Christmas morning was going to start the usual time because my brother's young daughter was there.

Well, we got home after midnight. And I remember being woken up to a young girl bouncing on my bed yelling, "Get up! It's Christmas morning!" I have a feeling a certain mother instructed her how to wake my brother and I.

And when I was in Africa, there was a family on the Zimbabwean campground I was at that invited me to join them for their picnic. (It's summer south of the equator at this time.) That was fun. I remember the guy playing a bunch of Beatles tunes on his acoustic guitar.

And my ex-fiancee and I would always visit her dad, who would slaughter a goat for the occasion.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly can't remember. I have tried to remember and don't. It must have been very traumatic and a piece-by-piece suspicion and realization. I pretty sure when my mom told me, it was confirming what I pretty much already knew.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My daughter can open just one.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Most people hate it. We put a ton of those metal ice cycles on it. Four strings on tinsel - white, gold, green and red. A ton of ornaments, most shining. And lights. It looks tacky in the day, but looks cool at night with reflections everywhere.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I hate snow. I never missed the Iowa winters when I lived in Africa for six years. But it's nice for my daughter because she loves the snow.

12. Can you ice skate? Kinda sorta. Don't fall on my butt too much.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Off the top of my head. no. Maybe I'll come up with something later. Though a couple of years ago, I got a great collection of bluegrass Christmas tunes.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with the family, especially my daughter and my mom.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Any I don't make to make.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? As a kid, I loved singing Christmas carols with the family. Now, it's putting up the tree with my daughter the day after Thanksgiving. We dig out the Christmas tunes. And I always play first this kick-butt rocking version of Jingle Bells I taped off the radio decades ago. The Christmas season doesn't start for until I hear that. Just wish I knew who did it

17. What tops your tree? A star we bought at my brother's garage sale.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. What kind of greedy jerk prefers recieving. Don't want to know that person.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas by Bing. I'm a bit of a tradionalist. But not that much of one, because I'm very proud of my collection of Christmas punk rock songs.

20. Candy Canes! I like them, but I prefer the chocolate candy.


Other Christmas blog entries

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.