ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

CULTURE/SOCIETY: Woman Sells Husband's Former Wife's Ashes

One of my biggest pet peeves is spouses and parents who get rid of stuff without talking to the spouse or child. To me, that just shows disrespect and thoughtlessness towards your spouse or child, and a disregard for that person's feelings and emotions and disregard for what is important to that person.

And yes, I dealt with this issue. In fact, it got to the point where I had to check the garbage after my ex went to work. And when she asked what I had been doing in garbage, I told her.

So this article to me is a perfect example of that arrogance of you knowing better than that person. - OlderMusicGeek


Ex-wife's ashes sold for 50 cents
Helen Stylianou and wires
August 07, 2007 10:37am

A BUYER at a garage sale has come away with more than they bargained for after walking away with a ceramic turtle containing a woman's ashes.

Associated Press reported a woman New York accidentally sold her husband's previous wife's ashes at a garage sale over the weekend.
Anita Lewis accidentally sold the ceramic turtle containing the ashes to a lady who paid a mere 50 cents ($A0.58).

Husband Terrence Lewis was asleep as his wife collected items from around the couple's home for the sale, picking turtles which adorned the house and which Terrence's deceased wife had been a collector of.

"We have lots of turtles," she told the Elmira Star-Gazette newspaper. "It didn't even register that this was the one (containing the ashes)."

The large turtle containing the ashes was bought by an un-identified woman who said she planned to use it as a cookie jar even though the lid could not be opened.

There is now a desperate search on to find the buyer for the return of the turtle.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.