ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Thursday, October 25, 2007

CULTURE/SOCIETY: Do You Remember?

This is an email from Ernest T Spoon. He's a little older than me, so he probably remembers this stuff better than me. :) - OlderMusicGeek, but not that old! :)

The perfect age is somewhere between old enough to know better and too young to care. Remember any of these?

Candy cigarettes

Plastic Army Men

Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles

Coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes

Blackjack, Clove and Teaberry chewing gum

Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers

Chief Pontiac Signs

P.F. Fliers

Telephone numbers with a word prefix...(Raymond 4-601). Party lines

Howdy Doody

45 RPM records

45 rpm spindles

Metal ice cubes trays with levers

Roller-skate keys

Cork pop guns

Marlin Perkins

Drive in Movies

Drive in restaurants

Car Hops

Studebakers

Washtub wringers

The Fuller Brush ManMy dad was a Fuller Brush man!


Sky King

Reel-To-Reel tape recorders

Tinkertoys

Erector Sets

Lincoln Logs

15 cent McDonald hamburgers

5 cent packs of baseball cards

Penny candy

25 cent a gallon gasoline

Jiffy Pop popcorn

5 cent stamps

Gum wrapper chains

5 cent Cokes

Cigarettes for Christmas

Falstaff Beer

Burma Shave signs

Brownie camera

Flash bulbs

TV Test patterns

Old Yeller

Chef Boy-ar-dee

Timmy and Lassie

Ding Dong Avon calling!!

Brylcreem

Aluminum Christmas Trees

If you can remember most or all of these, then you have lived!!!!!!!

Pass this on to anyone who may need a break from their "grown-up" life . . ..I double-dog-dare-ya!

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.