ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Friday, October 26, 2007

CULTURE/SOCIETY: My Work Newsletter on The Corporate Home Town

This is me, OlderMusicGeek, not a reprinted article.

The newsletter at my work included a brochure from its hometown, Fargo-Moorhead, North Dakota. It said the following things about its hip and happening hometown...

-National Geographic has been to Fargo Moorhead. So has National Public Radio, which recently aired a piece noting our budding “reputation for high-tech jobs and hipness.” The Los Angeles Times characterization was even more straightforward: “trendy.”

-For those who live here or have recently visited our thriving community of nearly 188,000, this is not news. Fargo Moorhead is a diverse, stimulating and family-oriented city with all the amenities that make for a satisfying and fulfilling life.

-Those with firsthand experience talk about Fargo Moorhead’s exceptional K-12 and higher education systems, world-class health care, affordable housing, relatively low cost of living and myriad cultural and entertainment opportunities. They mention stress, crime and traffic jams, too, but only to say there isn’t much of that here.

-CNNMoney.com ranked Fargo as the 9th least violent city in the nation.

Then hidden later under photos, we find out why it's the 9th least violent city in the nation and why there's no crime. And why this such wonderful town has less then 200,000 people and can't get any higher!

average winter high: 20 F/-7 C
average winter low: 2 F/-17 C

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.