ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

CULTURE/SOCIETY: When I Realized How Big a Dork and Science Geek I Am

This is OlderMusicGeek, not a reprinted article. :)

I was reminded the other day of when I realized how much of a dork and science geek I am. Yesterday, NPR - National Public Radio - was announcing the winners of one of the Nobel Prizes, and they were American, so I went, "Yesss!"

And it reminded of something I did a couple of years back. NPR was talking about how a large majority of the Nobel Prize winners were American that year.

I started chanting, "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!"

Now I'm not the type who watches sports, so I've never really chanted this before. Then it hit me that I was doing this for, of all things, the Nobel Prizes!

And suddenly it was, "U.S.A.! U.S.......?"

And if I hadn't been driving, I'm sure I would have held my head in shame.

2 comments:

Jim Asbille said...

For all of the accolades the Japanese educational system is getting these days they have never had a Japanese national receive the Nobel Prize. The United States, and its broken educational system, have produced a large number of Nobel Prize winners. Hmmm....USA! USA!

Anonymous said...

Its ok. Im a geek too. (holds you for comfort)

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.