ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Thursday, January 17, 2008

CULTURE/SOCIETY: My 5 Favorite Things Today

This is from me, OlderMusicGeek, not some reprinted article.

Got a bulletin on MySpace from a comedienne who lives in California but is originally from my home state. She talked about a couple of shows that she's doing in California - but with me living in the midwest, doesn't mean much to me.

But she also listed her 5 favorite things that day.

Top Five Favorites Today:
-The Game Cranium.
-Banana Bread.
-Clayton's Chiny Chin Chin.
-When my bed's made.
-Riding my bike.

Ugh, riding her bike - she's definitely become a Californian if riding her bike is a favorite thing in January!

But the game Cranium has always looked fun to me although I've never played it.

And I LOVE banana bread. Keep threatening to try to make it - even though I can't cook. - A roommate in college said that I wasn't a picky eater... because I ate my own cooking. -

And I like when my bed is made too. :) - Although I almost never make it until I go to bed.

I think she is referring my her boyfriend's chiseled chin in "Clayton's chiny chin chin", although I have to wonder how he feels about part of his face being referred to as a "chiny chin chin".

To make sure "Clayton's chiny chin chin" wasn't a restaurant or something, I did a google search. Nothing was there, but there was this rather humorous result -

Obviously Brandon's view: October 2007
But at any rate, Mr. Clayton:the author, really progressed from the initial ... slimy substance in his beard has saturated the hairs on his chiny chin chin. ...collie26.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html - 90k - Cached - Similar pages

I suppose Clayton also might refer to her cat. Maybe it likes having its chin scratched?

Well, anyway....

After I got this comedienne's list of her Top Five Favorites Today, I, of course, had to send my own list...

my 5 fave things today
1. 30 gig mp3 player
2. books on cds
3. no overtime for the past couple of weeks - but it wont be my fave thing if it keeps up - i need the money
4. my picked up apartment
5. my cat learning she will get wet if she keeps meowing for food when she knows my daughter feeds her when she gets here

What can I say? I love my music. I am The OlderMUSICGeek after all. :)

And ever since my daughter was born, I never seem to have time to read like I used to - so audio books are a godsend. And books on cds are even better than books on tape cus I can download them unto my mp3 player!

I have been working 50 hours a week for months on end. So this lower workload is a gift from the god - if there is one :) -

Picked up apartment? What can I say? My daughter and I are NOT known for our neatness. :)

And finally, I love our cat of one year. But if she hadn't learned to quit meowing - especially after the vet had us put her on a diet when she was too fat to clean her own butt - she might not have lasted a year!

I also added my 3 least fave things today - with a little commentary...

1. snow
2. ice
3. sleet
Don't you miss (my midwestern state)!

I HATE midwest winters!

I lived in Africa for 6 1/2 years and I missed many things from home. But ONE thing that I did NOT miss was our winters! Ugh! I hate them!

I will never understand why the any settlers stuck around here after the first winter! They didn't even have heat in their homes. Heck, I don't understand why any of the Native Americans stuck around!

But one thing that I should have added to my list of my least favorite things is an invitation on MySpace to be the friend of a woman whose picture is a professional shot of her in a swimsuit and whose description of herself on her page tells you where to go to see naked pictures of her! Ugh!

I'm done ranting for now. :) You can about your business.

Comedienne from My Home State's website

Comedienne from My Home State's MySpace page

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.