ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Friday, February 22, 2008

SCIENCE and ENTERTAINMENT: Some Interesting Trilobites

Well, this happened over 10 years ago, but I just learned about it from Wikipedia. - OlderMusicGeek

Silurian (Wenlock) Calymenid Trilobites from the Cape Phillips Formation, Central Canadian Arctic
Jonathan M. Adrain, Gregory D. Edgecombe
Journal of Paleontology, Vol. 71, No. 4 (Jul., 1997), pp. 657-682
This article consists of 26 page(s).
(the boldness, italics and red added by me - OlderMusicGeek)
Abstract

Calymenid trilobites are common components of diverse Silurian silicified faunas recovered from the Cape Phillips Formation of the Cape Phillips Basin, central Canadian Arctic Archipelago. Calymenids are represented in the Wenlock of the northern Laurentian region by only two genera, Diacalymene Kegel, 1927, and Arcticalymene new genus (type species A. viciousi new species). Calymenid diversity in any given fauna is never higher than two species, although these species may be numerically abundant. Arcticalymene became extinct during the Homerian, at which point calymenids disappeared forever from the northern Laurentian record. Other new taxa are Arcticalymene cooki new species, A. jonesi new species, A. matlocki new species, and A. rotteni new species. Material representing at least two more species of the new genus is reported in open nomenclature. Diacalymene gabrielsi Siveter and Chatterton, 1996, is recorded from the Cape Phillips Basin.

These two men - Adrian and Edgecombe - also gave some trilobites are the names of Mackenziurus johnnyi, M. joeyi, M. deedeei, M. ceejayi!

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.