ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Saturday, March 15, 2008

CULTURE/SOCIETY: When and When Not to Say I Love You with a Tween Daughter

This is from me, not reprinted from somewhere else. - OlderMusicGeek.

A while back, my daughter and I were running late. I dropped her off at her school's front door. As she ran out of the door, I yelled, “Bye, I love you!”

My daughter ran to the front door, but stopped half way, walked back to the car, and knocked on the window.

Thinking she forgot something, I lean over and open her door. I look at her quizzically.

She leans her head, looks at me, and says, “Um, yeah... I would appreciate if you wouldn't yell that.”

Then she closed the door and headed back to school.


But I found this can be used to my advantage.

My daughter and I were in a store and got into a kicking fight. I had had enough and told her so – of course, after I got in the last kick! :)

My daughter, obviously, did not want to leave it there and tried to kick me again.

I told her, “If you kick me one more time, I'm taking you to the front of the store, giving you a big hug and telling everyone here just how much I love you!”

She put her hands up in surrender, stepped back and said, “Okay, okay, I'm done!”

A man next to us laughed when he heard that.


Unfortunately, I found that this is practiced with sexual discrimination.

When I pick my daughter up at her mother's, she is always shouting, “Bye, Mom, I love you.” And her mother yells back that she loves her too.

So I asked her why her mother can yell I love you, but I can't.

“Yeah.... That's because she's Mom and you're Dad.”

“So just because she's Mom, she can yell I love you and hug you?”

“Well, not in public!”

So apparently there is a limit even for Mom!


Oh, and my darling daughter, if you're reading this,

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And big hugs to you too!

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.