ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Saturday, May 10, 2008

CULTURE/SOCIETY: Why I Haven't Written For So Long And Why Zuhn Thinks Other Bloggers Write

Okay, I know it's been over a month! What can i say? I'm sure my four regular readers are suffering from severe withdraw!

*I stare into the auditorium and wave at The Computer/Music Nerd, Tudor Rose, The "Jamaican" and some guy from Ireland.*

I could give lots of excuses - for instance.. I just went off a medication that I had been taking for 6 months and one of the withdraw symptoms was insomnia, so I was too dead tired to sleep. And my computer is acting up, making my internet connection re-e-e-e-e-eal slow sometimes. Also, I had been working lots of extra hours. Plus, it's finally warm and I got spring fever! - If my slowing down of postings from the blogs I read is any indication, it seems a lot of people have something better to do than sit in front of a computer, now that it is FINALLY warm again!

I could say those things, but I won't!

I am going to try to get back to the grindstone again. I make no promises though. It depends, in part, how my sleep goes - and how busy I am this summer!

But I have started Twitter, so you can keep up with me there. Though I'll probably add my "tweets" here anyway.

In fact, here's my first one - well, i'm finally starting twitter after a couple of years. i broke down because i wanted to respond to my friend's tweets! from web

Funny thing is - I'm having trouble figuring out how to respond to people's tweets!

But in the meantime, here's an old piece by one of the bloggers I read regularly, Zuhn...

oh boy!
Posted on Monday 4 April 2005

Well, in full procrastination mode, I have been scanning through some random blogs. I have discovered three trends. One, blogs written by funny, insightful people usually in the freelance writing/editing business. Two, blogs written by religious freaks out to spread their love for Jesus just in case God got bored and decided to google “God” and happened onto their inane-youth-league touting blog and then God said “Well, obviously a devoted soul, let me put his name down on the guest list to heaven”. And three, blogs written by boring people who tell us about their boring little lives like someone will actually read it, all the while dreaming of their immanent popularity. I think I’m quickly falling into that third category. I hope not.

A link to Zuhn's "oh boy!" post
A link to Zuhn's Vanity Run Amok blog
A link to my Twitter page

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.