ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Saturday, February 14, 2009

CULTURE/SOCIETY: Valentine's Day Vs Vampire Day

This is from me, and is not some reprinted material. - OlderMusicGeek

A group of people wish to make Feb 14th Vampire Day.

Let me make it clear that a day for celebrating vampires sounds like a very fun day to me.

But these people want to co-op Valentine's Day. To quote - "It was started in 1995 when one night several college students got sick of all the talk about Valentine's day. It seemed that everyone had someone they where with or loved but this group of students. They decided then that Valentine's day was a segratory holiday. You had to have a love/lover to celebrate the holiday..."

To this, I have to say, "Waaaaah boo hoo! I'm a big nerd who can't get anyone on Valentine's Day. So I'm going to make them stop making me feel bad and play vampire instead!"

Give me a break! As a geeky nerdy dork, let me tell these people something... Get over yourselves!

If you can't get someone for Valentine's Day, then trying going out on a Saturday night instead of playing Dungeons And Dragons or White Wolf!

And it's not the end of the world if you don't have someone for Valentine's Day. Geez! Don't begrudge the lovers just cus you can't find anyone!

There's no rule saying you can't go out and do something else! Trust me, I've survived plenty of Valentine's Day without anyone. But I didn't whine that the others were "segregating" me because I didn't have anyone that year!

And there's no rule that says you even have to celebrate Valentine's Day. Most of the girls I dated didn't make a big deal of it! They prefered a guy who showed his affection any day.

So if you want to celebrate vampires, do it on it's proper day of Oct 30, and let the lovers have their day.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.