ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Friday, April 24, 2009

CULTURE/SOCIETY and POLITICS: My Earth Day Tradition Continues

This is from me, and not some reprinted material. - OlderMusicGeek

Well, for the second year, I've continued my Earth Day tradition of turning all my electrical stuff off and even unplugging them, so the clocks and little computers in them aren't sucking electricity too.

I did it last year, and my daughter wasn't too thrilled with it. I thought she would never survive the computer withdraw!

Well, this year didn't go much better.

I didn't even realize it was Earth Day until I got at work. I was going to walk on Earth Day, but it was a little late now!

I still went home at lunch and unplugged everything but the fridge!

And at work, I survived without my mp3 player! It was hard, but somehow I managed through!

Then I walked to my daughter's school to get her instead of picking her up with the car. She had called me and said she would meet me half-way.

When I saw someone down the road, I waved. I didn't get a response. So I jumped up and down and waved my arms wildly. She finally waved back.

Then I was thinking, what if it isn't her?

But it was. I told her what I was thinking, and she said that she was thinking that if that wasn't me, she was really going to be scared!

Well, last year, I agreed to go out to eat if we could go somewhere where they didn't use any power to make the food. My daughter thought of getting untoasted sandwiches at Subway's!

I agreed to do it again this year. So I asked her if she wanted to go straight to Subway's! She did!

So we walked the 2 miles or so that Subway was from her school.

For half the way there, my daughter tried to convince that I should let her on the computer because of all the things she did for Earth Day at her school.

She talked about how she planted a tree and hurt her fingers, how she picked up a park and cut her finger on glass, how they had to learn without overhead projectors and I don't remember what else!

But I held firm.

Well, to fast forward, on the way home from Subway's, my daughter bumped into a school friend at a park and spent the evening playing with there anyway.

And me, not thinking, used the cellphone to talk to an old friend. I thought afterwards, that was using power that I shouldn't be using on Earth Day! Dang, next year, I'll only take emergency calls!

And my daughter did get to get on the computer anyway, because she had some schoolwork to do. But I made her unplug it again once she was finished!

And that was pretty much it! But I did what I could to help the planet for the day!

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.