ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

ENTERTAINMENT - Movie that takes place in my African home of 6 years

Exclusive: Trailer for Acclaimed South African Drama 'The Forgotten Kingdom'
by Vanessa Martinez
April 30, 2013 10:13 PM

Here's a South African film we profiled around two weeks ago, when it won the Audience Narrative award at the Ashland Independent Film Festival.

Helmed by Andrew Mudge, the drama The Forgotten Kingdom has since then done it again, winning Audience awards at the Sarasota Film Festival and the Florida Film Festival. Next up, Kingdom will premiere at the Seattle International Film Festival (New American Cinema competition). It can also be expected to screen at the Durban International, Berkshire, Port Townsend and Woods Hole film festivals.

To recap, the subtitled drama centers on Atang, who leaves Johannesburg for his native land of Lesotho to bury his estranged father. Atang falls in love with childhood friend Dineo, who cares for her HIV-positive sister. Through falling for Dineo, Atang confronts his past in this remote village he grew up in. Conflict arises when Dineo's father wants to relocate their family to escape from the public stigma of Dineo's sister's HIV infection.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/exclusive-trailer-for-acclaimed-south-african-drama-the-forgotten-kingdom

The Forgotten Kingdom (Trailer) from Black Kettle Films on Vimeo.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.