ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Friday, June 17, 2005

CULTURE/SOCIETY and ENTERTAINMENT: My Take on the Michael Jackson Verdict

Actually, I'm not that surprised at the verdict. A bit, yeah, of course. But from what I heard, there was quite a bit of evidence that the charges were fake. I believe the mother had been caught making fake charges before. And the previous charges against Michael had been proven to be fake.

Besides, I'm not 100% convinced Michael is the child molester he is made out to be. He's pretty weird and strange, and doesn't seem to quite understand how the adult/child relationship works, but that doesn't make him a molester. And considering his childhood, it probably shouldn't be a big surprised if Michael doesn't understand how to interact properly with kids. He sure didn't have a good example!

So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. And just consider him a weirdo!

2 comments:

Artillery MKV said...

Unlike the OJ trial, I think the MJ trial is a far better illustration of how the American justice system is supposed to work.

Evidence is murky and often contradictory. The defendant is creepy, seriously creepy. The accusers seem normal, but have a fishy background.

A jury takes all this information and eliberates for several days.

In the end thay have to ask: Can we say that we have proof of a crime beyond a shadow of a reaonable doubt?

With murky evidence and wildly varied teatimony the answer had got to be no.

Frankly I agree he's creepy. He may have even acted indecently, but I doubt he did what he was accused of in this trial with this kid.

If he is a pedophile he'll get caught. If he's just creepy and stupid (my guess), then he'll get in trouble if he can't keep what's left of his nose clean.

The burden of proof was on the prosecutor and they didn't meet the standard. Game over.

zuhn said...

Ditto.

MJ's one messed up creep, but I don't think he understands the impropriety of what he is accused of. He just seems to live in a different world from the rest of us. (Not counting Elizabeth Taylor or Liza Minelli of course).

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.