ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

HUMOR: Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" Translated to Pirate

Well, since I love the language Pirate, I translated part of Edgar Allan Poe's poem, "The Raven". :) - OlderMusicGeek.

Once upon a low tide dreary, while me pondered weak an' weary,
O'er many a quaint an' strange books o' forgotten lore,
While me nodded, nearly nappin', suddenly thar came a tappin',
As o' some one gently rappin', rappin' at me chamber door.
``Tis some visitor,` me muttered, `tappin' at me chamber door -
Only this, an' nothin' more.`

Ah, distinctly me reckon 't be in th' bleak Decembree,
An' each separate dyin' ember wrought its ghost upon th' deck.
Eagerly I wished th' morrow; - vainly I had sought t' borrow
From me books surcease o' sorrow - sorrow fer th' lost Lenore -
Fer th' rare an' radiant maiden whom th' angels named Lenore -
Nameless here fer ev'rmore.

`Prophet!` spake me, `thin' o' evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Hea'en that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul wi' sorrow laden if, within th' distant Aidenn,
't shall clasp a sainted maiden whom th' angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare an' radiant maiden, whom th' angels named Lenore?`
Quoth th' raven, `Nev'rmore.`

`Be that word our sign o' partin', bird or fiend!` me shrieked upstartin' -
`Get thee aft into th' tempest an' th' Night`s Plutonian shore!
Leave nay black plume as a token o' that lie thy soul been spoken!
Leave me loneliness unbroken! - quit th' bust above me door!
Take thy beak from ou' me heart, an' take thy form from off me door!`
Quoth th' raven, `Nev'rmore.`

And th' raven, nereflittin', still be sittin', still be sittin'
On th' pallid bust o' Pallas jus' above me chamber door;
An' his one good eye be havin' all th' seemin' o' a demon`s that be dreamin',
An' th' lamp-light o`er th' lad's streamin' throws his shadow on th' deck;
An' me soul from ou' that shadow that lies floatin' on th' deck
Shall be lifted - nevermore!
Ya horn swogglin' scurvy cur!

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.