ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Monday, March 24, 2008

SPIRITUALITY/RELIGION and CULTURE/SOCIETY: Get Tight with Christ

Zuhn from Vanity Run Amok was the one who steered me to this article, which unfortunately is no longer on the net. But I assure that it was in fact very real!

Meant to put this up yesterday, but my daughter got a new video game for Easter - and I didn't stand a chance! - OlderMusicGeek

Report: Singapore retailer pulls "Jesus" cosmetics after complaints
Published: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:16 AM ET
Canadian Press: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SINGAPORE - A cosmetics line that extols the virtues of "Looking Good for Jesus" has been pulled from stores in Singapore after some Catholics complained the items were disrespectful.

The Strait Times reports the product line included a "virtuous vanilla"-flavoured lip balm and a "Get Tight with Christ" hand and body cream.

Promising to "Redeem your reputation and more," cosmetics were sold by British retailer Topshop and produced by Blue Q.

The newspaper says Wing Tai Retail, which manages Topshop in the city-state, removed the range late last month after receiving complaints.

One of the complainants says the products trivialize Jesus Christ and Christianity.

An unnamed Wing Tai Retail official apologized for offending the Christian community.

As Zuhn said in her blog, a cosmetics tagline was not the first thing that came to mind. And I have to admit that I don't think Jesus would want me to get tight with him using hand cream! - OlderMusicGeek

A link to the Vanity Run Amok post
A link to all my Easter posts

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.