ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Saturday, August 17, 2013

MY LIFE - 50 For My 50th Day 07: "Temptation" by New Order and other songs about being a hopeless romantic

For an explanation of "50 For My 50th", go here - http://oldermusicgeek.blogspot.com/2013/08/entertainment-50-for-my-50th-50-days-of.html

Pretty much ever since my hormones have kicked in, and maybe even before, I have been a big hopeless romantic. And, quite frankly, it sucks.

I'd fall for girls at the drop of a hat. And in high school and even the start of college, I'd fall for girls I shouldn't have fallen for. If I had dated them, I'm sure I'd have found them boring and shallow.

But even when I started going for the right girls, I jumped into the relationship too quickly and take it too seriously too fast. I got engaged to one woman the day I met her. We broke up five years later. I married my ex-wife four months after meeting her.

Eventually, I learned to use my brain as well as my heart. My brain playing the tough interrogator. "Oh, really? What makes her so wonderful?" "Really? What do you have in common?" "You sure that you're listening to your heart and not that guy below the waist?"

It also helped that in therapy, I learned why I was rushing into relationships!

So finally, after the hard work of keeping my romanticism in check and not letting it overrun me, I got a wonderful wife! But that's another story!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vn2SencrSL_0ujzefX_Bfc_j-KJhKJzSUTDJi3CiQs8/edit?usp=sharing




A playlist of songs about being a romantic including "Temptation":




Click the link below to listen to my montrosity of a playlist, OlderMusicGeek's 50th B-Day, on Spotify:
http://open.spotify.com/user/127676752/playlist/1bRKV8LHJIL3JQih1ZSq76

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.