ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Thursday, August 15, 2013

MY LIFE - 50 For My 50th Day 05: "Caught In The Crowd" by Kate Miller-Heidke and other songs that describe my school days

For an explanation of "50 For My 50th", go here - http://oldermusicgeek.blogspot.com/2013/08/entertainment-50-for-my-50th-50-days-of.html

Warning: The post for the next couple of weeks will be dark and get darker. I had some issues in my life. But like any good story, our hero has to go through his trials and tribulations before he triumphs. I triumphed I have.

In school, I was a big, shy, quiet nerd. Know it's hard to believe. The quiet, shy part obviously, not the nerd part!

So this song really touches me. It actually made me teary-eyed the first time I heard it. But the sad thing is that I was on both sides of this story and did the same thing.

But I don't regret my nerd past. It wasn't always fun, but a number of good things came out. I realized that it's okay, and actually a lot of fun, to get excited about stuff, even stuff other people don't get! And it taught me to sympathesize and appreciate society's rejects and underdogs.

So I wear my nerd badge proudly!

 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vn2SencrSL_0ujzefX_Bfc_j-KJhKJzSUTDJi3CiQs8/edit?usp=sharing




A playlist featuring "Caught In The Crowd" and other songs that I feel captured my experience during my school days.



Click the link below to listen to my montrosity of a playlist, OlderMusicGeek's 50th B-Day, on Spotify:
http://open.spotify.com/user/127676752/playlist/1bRKV8LHJIL3JQih1ZSq76

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.